- Code of Conduct
VICTORY TAILGATE CODE OF CONDUCT STANDARDS
The Victory Tailgate Code of Conduct was founded with a commitment to create high quality products in the United States of America by providing job opportunities with optimal conditions for our exceptional employees. Through this process, Victory Tailgate has developed core ethical business practices and standards which seek to continue promoting high quality work environments and exceed appropriate federal, state and local labor standards. Victory Tailgate is in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations throughout the companies operations’ in the locations where they are conducting business related to or involving the production or sale of Licensed Articles. Victory Tailgate seeks to align itself and conduct business with entities that share and adopt similar standards and business philosophies.
Victory Tailgate is committed to creating a sustainable work environment that respects workers and their rights established under national and international labor and social security laws and regulations. Victory Tailgate is a fully compliant member of the Fair Labor Association (FLA) and complies with all labor standards set forth through the FLA Workplace Code of Conduct as well as the Workers Rights Consortium (WRC).
In addition, Victory Tailgate complies with the following standards:
- a. Wages and Benefits: Victory Tailgate recognizes that wages are essential to meeting employees’ basic needs. Victory Tailgate shall pay employees, as a floor, at least the minimum wage required by local law or the local prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher, as well as providing healthcare and retirement planning opportunities along with legally mandated benefits
- b. Working Hours: Hourly and/or quota-based wage employees shall (i) not be required to work more than the lesser of (a) 48 hours per week and 12 hours overtime or (b) the limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country of manufacture or, where the laws of such country do not limit the hours of work, the regular work week in such country plus 12 hours overtime, and (ii) be entitled to at least one day off in every seven day period. In addition to their compensation for regular hours of work hourly and/or quota-based wage employees shall be compensated for overtime hours at such a premium rate as is legally required in the country of manufacture or, in those countries where such rules do not exist, at a rate at least one and one-half the regular hourly compensation rate.
- c. Child and Forced Labor: Victory Tailgate shall not employ any person at an age younger than 15. Victory Tailgate strongly opposes any forms of forced labor and works closely with its managers and suppliers to ensure that product sourcing and production are from companies that do not participate in forced labor practices including prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor or other forms of forced labor.
- d. Health and Safety: Victory Tailgate shall provide a safe and healthy working. environment to prevent accidents and injury to health, including reproductive health, arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of the operation of Licensee facilities. Victory Tailgate takes pride in providing a safe and healthy workplace setting for employees including air conditioned facilities, air filtration units that meet OSHA and EPA requirements, break rooms stocked with food and beverage options as well as proper healthcare insurance options to help promote vitality and overall employee wellness.
- e. Nondiscrimination: No person shall be subject to any discrimination in employment, including hiring, compensation, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, social group or ethnic origin.
- f. Harassment or Abuse: Victory Tailgate gives employees full access to our internal Human Resources department to confidentially report any issues of harassment or abuse so that these occurrences can be handled in an unbiased and efficient manner. Every employee is treated with respect and dignity. Victory Tailgate does not tolerate any physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
- g. Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining: Victory Tailgate recognizes and complies with all current regulations pertaining to the rights of employees, to freedom of association and collective bargaining.
h. Women’s Rights:
- a. Female workers will receive remuneration, treatment, health care, working conditions, advancement, and evaluations on the quality of their work equal to their male counterparts.
- b. Pregnancy tests will not be a condition of employment, nor will they be demanded of employees.
- c. Should a worker become pregnant or adopt a child the Licensee will not punish, in any form, the worker.
- d. Workers will not be forced or pressured to use contraception.
COMMITMENT TO RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYMENT
Victory Tailgate does not require employees to work more than regularly required hours in compliance with all federal, state and local regulations such as the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act, Federal Davis-Bacon Act and Federal Family and Medical Leave Act. Victory Tailgate recognizes and supports legal rights of employees concerning wage minimums, wage payment, overtime requests, time-off requests, and legally mandated leaves of absence such as childbirth and medical leaves of absence. Additionally, Victory Tailgate believes in attracting the best employees and talent to help create high quality products. As such, Victory Tailgate believes in providing a proper living wage exceeding current minimum wage requirements in recognition of fulfilling essential needs of employees and their families. In addition to providing a proper living wage, Victory Tailgate also proudly offers retirement and healthcare services to all employees ensuring wellness and vitality to both employees and their families.
Victory Tailgate actively participates in conservation by recycling all cardboard, plastic, paper, light bulbs, ink cartridges, batteries, containers and any other byproduct created from standard business production. Victory Tailgate additionally is committed to using only water based, environmentally friendly paint products throughout production and prohibits all oil-based/alkyd paints containing large amounts of organic solvent. Victory Tailgate also constantly limits company energy consumption by having all electronics equipped with power saving features which are automatically used during inactive production periods. Light switch motion sensors are also utilized throughout Victory Tailgates facility to help conserve power output during periods of inactivity.